Nearly all modern-day women are aware of eyebrow tattooing, also known as microblading, which fabricates hairlike strokes to fill in thinning or sparse brows. It aims at saving money spent every year on expensive gels, creams, and pencils.
Microblading or eyebrow tattooing is a significant investment, which can cost anywhere from $600 to $1600, thus, before booking an appointment, please understand entire procedure along with preparation, risks, expectation, and recovery.
On the day of the procedure, it is necessary to put forward your queries and concerns so that aesthetician can answer them. He or she would specify recommendations and help you feel confident. Microblading is quite intricate, hence, can take approximately up to two hours. You may experience a scraping kind of sensation.
Many individuals confuse microblading and misting, but they differ from each other a lot. The former uses about fifteen needles reach top layer of skin, add definition, and is semi-permanent.
On other hand, the latter provides shading and bears close resemblance to powdered brow. With both, however, you can get rid of eyebrows that have been adversely impacting your appearance for long.
Just like any cosmetic treatment, preparing for eyebrow tattooing is mandatory. Apart from avoiding alcohol and caffeine consumption, women must implement a wide range of other tips. Check them out now.
- Avoid sunbathing at least three days prior session.
- Do not wax, pluck eyebrows, and undertake chemical peels or strong facial treatments.
- Wash hair and style it before treatment because doing so post microblading can trigger the entire region.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, etc., and fish oil supplements.
- Rest as much as possible. Many people admitted feeling exhausted and even fainted because they worked out right on day of session.
According to the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (SPCP), possibility of problems with microblading and other such makeup techniques is less, especially when concerned practitioner utilises disinfected equipment. Still be aware of few common reactions like redness, inflammation, bacterial infections, allergies, etc.
As specified earlier in this write-up, eyebrow tattooing is semi-permanent, so touch-ups are important. Rely on a competent artist, who knows how exactly to reanalyse colour depth and symmetry.
Immediately after microblading, and approximately for one week afterwards, eyebrows would appear extremely dark, and sharp due to scab formation. Some aftercare tips that ensure speedy recovery include:
- Wash eyebrows gently using a medicated soap for about ten seconds, and then pat dry.
- Apply a thin coat of moisturiser. Remember too much product clog pores, and causes breakouts.
- Submerging forehead region in water is strictly prohibited so opt for light showers and not swimming.
- UV exposure can pave the way for discolouration. When venturing out in sun, wear a cap. Artificial tanning beds are also off-limits.
- Do not sleep on the face for at least ten days, and stay away from scrubs because both hamper outcome.
- Finally, yet importantly, do not pick crusty skin layers.
Microblading creates naturally thick eyebrows. The result lasts for about two years, and sometimes even longer. Always choose a skilled aesthetician who promises to inflict no pain as well as comply with safety protocols.